Reports To: Artistic Director
Employment Status: Hourly
To teach progressive weekly dance classes as a part of WSD’s fundamentals programming, and to further develop the dance program into a showcase for WSD talent through workshops, special events and community performances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and teach progressive weekly classes in dance to students aged 7-adult.
- Choreograph pieces for Spring Recital that showcase skills acquired in progressive classes.
- Take part in any all-school rehearsals that may take place prior to a performance.
- Staff performances under the direction of the artistic director.
- Be available for any questions or concerns that parents or students have. Inform the artistic director of any changes in enrollment or questions by students, and prioritize customer satisfaction.
- Formal dance training.
- 3 years experience teaching dance in a studio environment.
- Performing experience as a dancing cast member in multiple productions, amateur or professional.
- Demonstrated ability to lead students effectively in a classroom setting, communicating skills sets appropriate to the age and understanding of the students while maintaining proper discipline.
- Creativity, energy and a love of the performing arts.